Monday, January 19, 2015

Chinese Chicken Wings Recipe

This is another recipe from my big sister. I love these wings. No, no. I mean I LOVE these wings. I could eat them until I made myself sick. Well, until I started to feel sick. But you know what I mean. She actually got asked to make these so often that she boycotted for awhile.

The key to this recipe is letting the wings marinate overnight.  The flavor is sooooo good.  It's a pretty simple recipe and you can use frozen or fresh chicken wings. I usually use frozen, unless there is a big deal on fresh wings.  But with frozen wings, you don't have the useless tips and the pieces are pre-cut.  Yes, you can leave the fresh ones whole. Nothing wrong with that. But it's nicer, IMO, to have them in more manageable pieces for a party. And you can easily double it, or even triple it, if needs be.

As you can see, the meat is falling right off the bones.

Ingredients:

5 lbs chicken wings
3/4 cup soy sauce
1 cup orange juice
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp garlic salt
1/4 cup molasses

Directions:

Place wings in a large baking pan (I usually use a foil one for easy clean up).  Mix all the other ingredients together in a bowl and pour over the wings.  Cover and refrigerate overnight.  You should try and give them a stir a couple of times to get them marinated evenly.

Bake, covered with foil, at 400 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.  Then drain off the excess liquid, remove foil, reduce heat to 350 and bake until wings are brown. (about another 45 minutes to an hour)

This is a recipe that's easy to reheat too, so you can make these ahead of time. You could even make them ahead of time, let them cool completely, and freeze them until you needed them.

These will be a big hit for your party!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment