Friday, January 16, 2015

Spinach, Sun Dried Tomato and Goat Cheese Appetizers

I made these appetizers for my Christmas Eve party and thought they would be good for Super Bowl parties.  If you've got the room in your fridge, you can easily make them ahead of time and then cook them when you are ready.

Unfortunately, I don't have any pics of these, and I didn't measure - typical me! So, I am going to estimate the measurements of the ingredients.  Feel free to adjust as you see fit for your needs.

Now - for the cup, you can use many different items.  I used crescent roll dough formed into the cups of a mini muffin pan.  You could use that, or pizza dough, or phyllo cups that are already baked. Even ready made pie crust.  Just make sure whatever you use that you are sure of what you will need for baking time. Will you need to bake them empty first in order to cook the dough thoroughly?

Ready made phyllo cups would make this super easy
 
 
Ingredients:
 
 
1 cup Baby spinach (this is a guess, I just grabbed a big handful from the bag.)
1/4 cup Sun dried tomatoes in oil (Plus 1 tsp of the oil from the jar)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 lb crumbled Goat cheese
2 tbsp. Pine nuts, (I prefer to toast them first, but that's a matter of preference)
3/4 tsp Basil
1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
 
dough/cup of your choice
 
 
Directions:
 
Preheat oven as needed.  Precook dough if needed.
 
Finely chop spinach and sun dried tomatoes. Place in bowl.  Add remaining ingredients (except dough) and mix.
 
Fill cups and cook according to instructions for the type of dough you used.  If no baking is needed for the dough, bake for about 20 minutes at 375, or until the filling is cooked.
 
These are best warm from the oven, but can be eaten warmed up the next day.  You can assemble them and refrigerate them and then cook them right before eating.
 
This will make a little more than one 18 cup mini muffin pan.  I believe I got 24 out of it.
 
If you make this, I'd love to hear how it turned out :)
 
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment