Monday, January 19, 2015

Junior Mint Pie

This is another simple, but yummy recipe.  I used to make it a lot when my husband and I were first together.  He and his brothers loved it when I would bring it to the annual family holiday party.

It's basically just a pudding pie with Junior Mints in it. But I think people too quickly discount how delicious a pudding pie can be.  They think it's too easy, too basic. Sometimes easy and basic hits the spot.




Ingredients:

1 ready-made chocolate pie crust
1 packages Jell-O chocolate instant pudding/pie filling
Milk (for the Jell-O)
Junior Mints (about a dozen)
Cool Whip

Directions:

Make Jell-O according to the package instructions for pie filling.

Chop up the Junior Mints and mix into the pudding. (you can add more or less as you like)

Pour mixture into the pie crust.  Top with Cool Whip.

Chill for at least an hour before serving.

Tips: You can decorate the top with extra Junior Mints.  I like to take some chocolate and shave it over the Cool Whip.

Sometimes you get a crust that is broken.  I have melted chocolate and spread it over the crust to hold it together.

Obviously, this is a recipe you can turn into anything.  I know someone who doesn't like chocolate (shocking! I know) and I made a pie in a regular graham cracker crust with banana pudding and I crumbled up shortbread cookies into it.  It was very yummy.  You can be very creative with it.  Think of the pudding pie as a blank canvas for you to paint on!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment